Materials: pendant is pewter with gold finish; brass cable chain with gold finish included.
Spring Ring closure.
Height 1", Length 18"
The original sculpture by Edgar Degas (1834-1917) was completed and exhibited in wax in 1881. A number of bronze casts were made in 1920 and are customarily exhibited with real gauze skirts and satin hair ribbons and one can be found in the VMFA collection.